Seth Lemmons Photography :: Before and After
This photo was from a senior session in Boise, ID - natural light.
• After import I cropped the image and brightened the dark areas by lowering the black clipping from 5 to 0.
• I set the white balance by clicking on the white part of her eye with the eye dropper from the white balance section in LR.
• I increased the clarity a little as well as sharpened and did some light noise reduction.
• I did a little spot heal work on the skin to smooth out any blemishes that show up in dramatic fashion in extreme close ups of a person's face. This included a little bit of work on the lip where her lips had kind of stuck together when parted.
• Cloned out some stray hairs from the bridge of her nose as well as a couple laying on her lips/cheek.
• I used the Calvinize technique from Calvin Hollywood at 60%.
• I used a skin smoothing technique also from Calvin Hollywood. I will apply it to the image at 100% and mask it out and then paint in as needed with a brush at 15-60% opacity depending on the area.
• I used a high detail technique from Calvin Hollywood and again, masked out the effect from the image and painted in where I wanted at 15-30% opacity - hair, eyes, lips, and eyebrows.
• I used a selective color layer to remove some of the blue from the whites in the image since she was in a shadow and I removed some black from those areas as well to increase contrast.
• Finally, I used a selective color layer to reduce the red in the eyes - masking in only the eyes so I didn't affect the rest of the image.