Seth Lemmons Photography :: Before and after
This shot was from a senior portrait session in Boise, ID.
• I set the white balance using the eye dropper from the white balance section and clicked on the white of her eye.
• I did some sharpening and noise reduction.
• A used the Totally Rad Preset: Boogie Nights | Strong
• Lastly I used a gradient filter from the top left of the image to about 4/5 the way to the bottom-right of the image with a contrast of 66, exposure of +.58, and with a yellow color (H 57, S 73%).
• I used spot heal on the skin to remove any blemishes and cloned out a green spot on one of the glass tiles that was bothering me.
• I used the Calvinize technique from Calvin Hollywood at 38% opacity.
• Skin softening brushed in as needed using a skin softening technique also from Calvin Hollywood.
• Eyes brightened with yet another technique from Calvin Hollywood. This was done at 8%. I'm not a big fan of wildly brightened eyes, so I'll used the effect, but only sparingly.
• I finished up with some selective sharpening using a technique from Calvin Hollywood. The effect is applied to the entire image and then masked out and painted in at 15-40% in select areas such as eyes, mouth, hair, and shirt.