Color glitch textures
This latest from The Shop is a strange one.
The process for creating this textures all stemmed from clicking the wrong setting when scanning in some assets for a different texture collection. It went as follows:
- Print sheets of solid color (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, red, green, blue, and 10 hues of a spectrum gradient)
- Scan them in using your scanner, but check a software "improvement" setting by mistake
- Get amazed at the messy, glitchy, distorted colorful results
The result is that strange series of seventeen (17) textures, full of iridescent, ill-paired, over-saturated colors. Some of them are very intense, some are more subdued. They provide some excellent starting points for backgrounds, or add some artifacts into some clean patches of solid color with their grain.
Each of the texture has been scanned at 2,400 ppi, then lightly edited in Photoshop (contrast, saturation), then resized to generate a crisp 18"x24" @ 300 ppi document.
- Seventeen (17) textures
- 18"x24" @ 300 ppi (7,200 x 5,400 pixels)
- Full set archive size: 1.68 Gb
The color glitch textures are available on Creative Market.