Normandy Day 5 - Bailey Bridge Section
This Bailey bridge was built in June 1944 by the British Royal Engineers over one of the waterways in this area.
After the war, in 1950, the French Civil Engineers dismantled it and rebuilt it in the commune of Beaumais (between Falaise and Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives at the hamlet of Cantepie to allow the crossing of the river Dives.
It remained there until January 2001, when it was replaced by a modern structure. The commune of Beaumais suggested presenting this historical bridge to the Memorial Pegasus where it was installed in 2002.