Muggy in Manhattan
Looking south at the Empire State Building and beyond on a muggy Friday evening from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck high atop 30 Rock in Manhattan. A couple of nights earlier, the ESB had been lit green, yellow and gold. This was still pretty imposing.
In the distance you can see the Brooklyn Bridge and the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, which connects Brooklyn and Staten Island. On the right of the frame, you can barely make out the Statue Of Liberty.
If you want to shoot at sunset, securing a prime vantage point to shoot can be a real battle. The people with point and shoot and cell phone cameras can be brutal.
And if you have no interest in waiting for the sun to go down and the city to light up, it can be an extreme bore. Just ask my wife.
This photo is in 6 groups
- Super Hero Challenge Group - Come PLAY! 36,973 items
- 15 Challenges 20,021 items
- The Mother of All Challenge Groups - STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS 19,134 items
- Jesters Challenge Group 8,449 items
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 291,805 items
- The Challenge Group Game 16,129 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Architecture 14 photos