In 1966, Jerzy T. Bialecki began work on the stained-glass window project at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown. His project was accepted by the Willet Studio of Stained Glass Windows in Philadelphia, which produced all the stained-glass windows under the direction of the designer. Mr. Bialecki died in 1987. He is buried in the honor section of the Cemetery of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown.
The reinforced concrete construction of the Our Lady of Czestochowa Church is supported by huge posts leaning against the front wall and on pillars connected to the apse. Because of this, it was possible to design great stained-glass compositions measuring forty by fifty feet. This monumental work is considered one of the largest in the United States. Entering the shrine, the history of America unfolds to the right, on the east wall, while on the left, on the west wall, is depicted in beautiful colors the 1000 year history of Poland. Each of the stained-glass windows has seventy-five panels.
The subject of the composition of the stained-glass windows was designed by Father Michael Zembrzuski, architect Jerzy Szeptycki, and their co-workers. The artistic composition was done by Jerzy T. Bialecki from Morristown, New Jersey.