I started this a while ago, quite a long while ago now I stop to think about it. I started it the day I shrank the first blanket I made for Diggy in the wash. A gorgeous, jewel coloured ripple stripe blanket in silk/merino mix yarn...reduced to the size of a very small bathmat. Howl.
I used the same kind of yarn for his replacement blanket (Mirasol Tupa for the yarnaholics) but went classic Granny for the design. I crocheted them together to form the ridge which divides each square from the next which I think has turned out well. I'm debating adding an edge, but I think that less is probably more in this case.