taking the good with the bad
I took little Olive to the vet today. Turns out she's fully grown. Probably between seven months old and a year and a half, but at just six pounds she's fairly petite. Here's the rest of the lowdown.
1) She was scanned, but there was no tracking chip.
2) She tested negative for feline leukemia.
3) She didn't have fleas or earmites.
4) She wasn't obviously pregnant, so I've made an appointment to have her spayed.
1) I'd noticed something funny about her mouth, like she's got a lopsided smile, and I'd seen her drooling a little. Turns out her jaw was broken at some point. Either she fell or maybe was hit by a car, or suffered some other sort of trauma. My poor little girl. It's all healed now, but will always be a bit crooked. It doesn't seem to cause her too much trouble, but one of her bottom teeth will have to be pulled, as it pokes into her upper gums.
Today was the first time I let her out of the bathroom to explore the house. She seemed a bit overwhelmed at first, but has now settled into her kitty bed upstairs.