Sheikh Obaid and Juma bin Thani Al Majid House
One of the first houses of Al Shindagha, Obaid bin Thani’s House was built in 1917 of maritime stones and gypsum, thus reflecting the prosperity of the region at that time due to the flourishing pearl trade.
The Sheikh Obaid Al Thani’s House, just like the Sheikh Saeed Aal Maktoum’s House and the adjoining Heritage Village, is itself a tribute to Dubai Government’s determination to preserve the local heritage and cultural values, the house is an oasis of tranquillity in an otherwise bustling month in Dubai’s calendar.
The house was a residence of the owners’ families, with a large courtyard and several rooms for the family members and special entrance for the female guests. The Pippal tree (common in India) in the courtyard provided ample shade for the members entertaining their guests or enjoying a gathering.