new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
St Castor, Koblenz | by Cameron Booth
Back to photostream

St Castor, Koblenz

Near the point of confluence of the Rhine and Mosel rivers is the church of Saint Castor, with four towers (the twin towers of the front are seen here). The church was originally founded in 836 by Louis the Pious, but the present Romanesque building was completed in 1208, the Gothic vaulted roof dating from 1498.

738 views
3 faves
8 comments
Taken on December 29, 2003