new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Cockington Church K1__2581.jpg | by screwdriver222
Back to photostream

Cockington Church K1__2581.jpg

Church of St George and St Mary.

 

The pulpit came from St Saviour Church in nearby Torre, it had originally been taken from the Spanish ship Nuestra Senora del Rosario of the Spanish Armada of 1588. Four hundred prisoners were also taken from that and another ship and held at the barn in Torre Abbey.

 

1,342 views
5 faves
0 comments
Taken on January 28, 2017