Exhibition: Fife - the 'Wizards' of Fairlie
An exhibition that was in the newly opened "PS Lochlomond" Gallery, Linthouse, Irvine, from Summer 2010. Now finished.

The exterior of the building has been clad to resemble the early paddle steamer "PS Lochlomond", completed by William Denny & Brothers, Dumbarton, in 1845. At the time the firm was known simply as Denny Brothers, and "Lochlomond" is particularly significant as it is Denny’s yard number 1: the firm’s first ‘official’ ship. William Denny & Brothers went on to build over 1500 vessels before the closure of the yard in 1963: the Denny Ship Model Experiment Tank is the last remaining part of the shipyard, and is now part of the Scottish Maritime Museum in Dumbarton.

The construction of this gallery was made possible through generous funding from Museum Galleries Scotland’s Recognition Fund.

NB more "Fife" pictures have been added to this album which were not in the exhibition at the time
46 photos · 3,003 views