GOLDEN GATE PARK CARROUSEL
Golden Gate Park's Children's Playground was the first public playground in the country. Three different carrousels have been housed here. The Hershell Spillman Carrousel was built in 1914 in North Tonawanda NY and was installed at the World's Fair on Treasure Island in 1928. It was then moved to GGP where it remains today. One of less than 100 turn of the century wooden carrousels to remain intact and in full operation, this restored carrousel has delighted young and old alike since 1984.
This image was shot from a Yashica FR1 SLR 35mm film camera, scanned by an HP Scanjet G4050 and digitally rendered with Photoshop.