2008 Burdette Building, Simpsonville, SC
Built by B.W. Burdette in 1921 the only changes to the original building was a corner covered walkway added in the 1920’s and then removed in the late 1960’s. Between 1921 and 1965 the building was occupied by B.W. Burdette & Bros. Hardware. The first floor of the building has also housed a barber shop, gas station, drug store, car dealership, a dry goods store, doctors office, millinery shop, several restaurants at different times, and Simpsonville’s first department store.. Also from 1923 to 1948 the Simpsonville post office was located in one of the ground floor suites. The second floor has been the office of a cotton broker, doctors office, apartments for residents, and a shirt making company.