Taft Bridge Lamppost, DC
The Taft Bridge is a bridge in Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Its total length is 274.5 meters. The bridge was built between 1897 and 1907 and was named after President William Howard Taft in 1931. It is an arch bridge with unreinforced concrete arches and a reinforced concrete deck. The designer was George S. Morison, and the architect was Edward Casey. It has been called an "engineering tour de force" as the largest unreinforced concrete structure in the world (as of 1996). The bridge features lion sculptures by Roland Hinton Perry and ornamental lampposts.