saline top

Two bottles of dextrose saline solution associated with sterilisation failure, made by Evans Medical Ltd., Liverpool, 1971. Both bottles were autoclaved at the same time, but due to a machine fault some of the bottles failed to be effectively sterilised and became contaminated with bacteria, causing the death of five patients in what became known as the ‘Devonport Incident’.

0 faves
Taken on September 3, 2012
  • Show EXIF

Additional info

  • Viewing this photo Public
  • Safety level of this photo Safe
  • S Search
    Photo navigation
    < > Thumbnail navigation
    Z Zoom
    B Back to context