saline top

Two bottles of dextrose saline solution associated with sterilisation failure, made by Evans Medical Ltd., Liverpool, 1971. Both bottles were autoclaved at the same time, but due to a machine fault some of the bottles failed to be effectively sterilised and became contaminated with bacteria, causing the death of five patients in what became known as the ‘Devonport Incident’.

599 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on September 3, 2012
  • Show EXIF

Additional info

  • Viewing this photo Public
  • Safety level of this photo Safe
  • S Search
    Photo navigation
    < > Thumbnail navigation
    Z Zoom
    B Back to context