Hand Appliqué Stems.. the cheats way.
1. Cut bias strips 1½in wide. (Stem will finish approx ½in wide)
2. Fold your strip in half lengthways and lightly press.
3. Pin the strip along the stem path easing the curves, bear in mind that the stem will finally lay to the left of the machined line.
4. Machine (or hand) stitch into place using a ¼in seam allowance, see diagram.
5. Ease the folded edge over to cover the raw edges and slip stitch into place by hand.
6. If you want a finished end then leave the last ¼in unstiched and turn under to finish neatly, the other end should be covered by a flower!