Cueva Valdez, Santa Cruz Island (Valdez Cave, Quava Valdez, Tres Bocas, Valdez Anchorage, Valdez Harbor) is located on the north side of the island, well to the west of Ladys Harbor. The place name C. Valdaze appears on the June 1882 U.S. Coast Survey map Pacific Coast from Santa Monica to Point Conception, including the Santa Barbara Channel, California, J.E. Hilgard, Superintendent. Cueva Valdez was a favorite anchorage and camping location during the first few decades of the 20th century, and several artists, including Edward Borein, Lockwood deForest and Alexander Harmer camped and painted here. Its main attraction is its large, three-entranced cave which can be entered from both the beach as well as from the water. During the formative years of the film industry, movie companies found this location ideal for filming.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts