new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Charwelton GCR | by R~P~M
Back to group

Charwelton GCR

The road overbridge at the northern end of Charwelton station, Great Central Railway. 8th May 2012.


Charwelton station opened in 1899 and closed in 1963. It was typical of the stations on the GCR London Extension, consisting of a large island platform accessed by a stairway from an adjacent road overbridge. The line closed to all traffic in 1966.

2 faves
Taken on May 8, 2012