Rouv's Wedding Cake
Well…I wish I had this wedding cake, when I got married, lol!
I sooo admire Richard’s (bakingarts) stripes, which he cleverly does with modeling chocolate. So, imagine my delight when I saw the current issue of Bride To Be Wedding Cakes magazine, and on the cover, was a modern looking, 3 tiered cake, decorated with stripes, done by Faye Cahill. All fondant. Well, I knew I had to try those stripes, lol!
It took me a few days of staring at that cover, to figure out what to do. It was a fun cake to make, done in my favourite colour, green :)
Here's how I made the stripes:
- start from the bottom and work your way up
- run your icing through a pasta machine to get a consistent thickness. I set mine on 3
- measure and cut your stripe, roll like a bandage and stand upright
- attach glue to the cake, then unroll the icing, as you stick it to the cake
- smooth and trim the stripe as necessary, so it's even and straight
- repeat with the next stripe and do the same process until the whole side is covered.