new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Hall road signal box September 1st 1993. | by Lostock Hall Jct Roger Sutcliffe
Back to photostream

Hall road signal box September 1st 1993.

A bit of an odd looking box this one,built by Saxby and Farmer in 1874, it almost doubled in size when Hall road became the location for carriage sidings in connection with electrification in 1904 later the LMS would build a depot for the new 502 units at Hall road,the box survived till May 1994 having been nothing more than a gate box for the last couple of months of its life.

841 views
3 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on February 1, 2015