Young child who swallowed a needle, unknown to the parents. The parents presented the child to the ER after the mother noticed the needle protruding sharp end first from the peri-anal region. After an uneventful transit through the intestinal tract, feces in the rectum had forced the needle through the tissues as the child was attempting to defecate.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts