The mill was built in 1852 by William Head
The mill was remodeled during the Great Depression by then-owner F.H. Turner, who replaced its wooden water wheel and millrace with metal.
When Fred and Burnice Healan bought the mill in 1967, it was in danger of rusting and rotting away. The Healans cleaned and repaired the old building before ownership passed to Burnice's daughter, Delaine Quinn.