flickr-free-ic3d pan white

The Old House, Cutchogue, Long Island North Fork, New York

The Old House was built in 1649 and is apparently one of the most distinguished surviving examples of English domestic architecture in America.

 

Originally located in the town of Southold just down the road, it was moved to Cutchogue in 1661, damaged by a hurricane in 1938, restored in 1940, and restored again in 1968.

 

It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1961.

596 views
1 fave
4 comments
Taken on January 23, 2013