Moreton Court Herefs REVIVALHERITAGE revival heritage
Around 1861-4 Thomas Evans, Esq moved from Sufton Court and built Moreton Court on the site of a previous house (possibly C17th) at Moreton-on-Lugg Herefordshire. The architect was J.H. Knight, of Cheltenham who was later to complete building work in 1867 on the nearby St Andrew’s church (a new tower was built), also for Thomas Evans. Moreton Court was built in an Italian / Elizabethan style and had an imposing south front with a three storey tower above the main entrance. The service buildings including various conservatories were in the east wing of the building. The west and north fronts faced open park land. Evans died in 1872 and his wife continued to live at the property. The hall was demolished in the 1950s. The site of the hall is now 37 Cedar Close Moreton on Lugg.