flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Monestir Santas Creus

View On Black View My Recent

 

Santes Creus nace en espíritu el 1150, cuando la familia de los Montcada cede la primera ubicación del monasterio en Valldaura del Vallès. La primera fecha, pero, de posesión del lugar de Santes Creus en el valle del Gaià la encontramos el 1158. Dadas las disensiones jurisdiccionales entre el obispado de Barcelona y el arzobispado de Tarragona, el monasterio fue víctima de un pleito que motivó que su adscripción fuese exenta de ninguna diócesis. La fachada principal de la iglesia, coronada por almenas, data del siglo XII y presenta una portalada románica con un gran ventanal gótico. La planta es de cruz latina, queda cerrada por detrás del altar y retablo mayor, de Josep Tremulles (siglo XVII), con un gran rosetón. Tiene además tres robustas naves y cinco capillas abacales, muy cerca del altar mayor se localizan las tumbas de Pere II el Gran (siglo XIII) por un lado, y de Jaume II y Blanca d'Anjou (siglo XV) por el otro. El cenobio convertido en panteón real por el primero de estos reyes fue fortificado durante los siglos XIV y XV. El monasterio conserva dos claustros, el de la entrada turística que es gótica y reemplazo uno de anterior románico, del cual sólo queda el templete del lavatorio.

 

Santes Creus spirit born in 1150, when the Montcada family gave the first location of the monastery in Valldaura del Vallès. The first date, but in possession of the place of Santes Creus in the valley of Gaia we find the 1158. Given the jurisdictional disagreements between the bishop of the archdiocese of Barcelona and Tarragona, the monastery was the victim of a lawsuit that led to his secondment was free of any diocese. The main facade of the church, surmounted by battlements, XII century Romanesque doorway and features a large window with a Gothic. The plant is a Latin cross, is closed behind the altar and reredos, Josep Tremulles (seventeenth century), with a large rosette. Also has three sturdy ships and five chapels abacales, near the main altar are located the tombs of Pere II the Great (thirteenth century) on the one hand, and of James II and Blanche d'Anjou (XV century) on the other. The monastery converted into a royal pantheon by the first of these kings was fortified during the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. The monastery preserves two cloisters, the tourist entry replacement is Gothic and Romanesque previous one, which is the only temple of the washing.

9,799 views
87 faves
276 comments
Taken on November 24, 2009