Angry Man - After
4 light set up, all AlienBee B800's
- Two gridded strip boxes on either side and behind subject
- 22" gridded beauty dish directly in front of subject, and just above camera (almost touching)
- Backlight with 20° grid behind subject & 2' off the ground
- Paul C. Bluff Cybersyncs
- Thunder gray seamless backdrop
- Lighting inspiration provided by Joel Grimes
Based on some of the comments I received on my last photo, it seems that some folk are in complete and utter disbelief that someone could spend 10 hours retouching an image. This leads me to two possible conclusions...
They are either so amazingly proficient in Photoshop and posses skills that are way, WAY over my head...
They have no concept of what it takes to retouch an image or have never attempted to.
And with that, I will admit that I spent not just hours, but multiple DAYS on this image. Three to be exact, totaling more than 10 hours by a long stretch.
So for those that question "Why so long", my answer is this:
I am SLOW, I am a perfectionist, I am still learning Photoshop, I don't know what I am doing and I have very poor memory retention... forgetting how to do things from one image to the next.
That's why so long.