new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Nymphs, Fontaine des Innocents | by Lightbender
Back to photostream

Nymphs, Fontaine des Innocents

Victoria & Albert Museum Sculpture Court: nine reliefs of water nymphs and putti from the Fontaine des Innocents, carved in stone by Jean Goujon (~1510-1568), about 1547-49. Originally placed against a wall, the fountain was moved in 1787 into the MArche des Innocents, and additional reliefs (including the third vertical panel from the left here) executed by Augustin Pajou (1730-1809). The original panels are now in the Musee du Louvre.

2,377 views
3 faves
0 comments
Taken on December 28, 2011