Rain drop drip 5 24 2012
Spotted on the way to Francis Street Park in a light shower. Bush located on a raised planting in front of a private home. Cytisus scoparius, the Common Broom and Scotch Broom, syn. Sarothamnus scoparius, is a perennial leguminous shrub native to western and central Europe,.
Cytisus scoparius has been introduced into several other continents outside its native range and is classified as a noxious invasive species in California and the Pacific Northwest[clarification needed] in North America, and in Australia, New Zealand and India. These shrubs commonly grow in disturbed areas and along utility and transportation right-of-ways. The prolific growth of this species after timber harvest inhibits reforestation by competing with seedling trees.
It is estimated that it is responsible for US$47 million in lost timber production each year in Oregon. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytisus_scoparius
This photo is in 35 groups
- The Flower Basket *Post 1 - Award 3* *Sweeper Active* 95,375 items
- Shooting Stars Awards * Post 1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 97,801 items
- Sapphire Awards *POST 1 - AWARD 3* *Sweeper Active* 157,259 items
- Poppy Awards * Post 1 - Award 3 * Sweeper Active * 61,719 items
- Photographic Wizards * Post 1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 52,911 items
- Nature's Treasures *Post 1 - Award 3* *Sweeper Active* 75,999 items