The power of Mind
Its ME in this picture: A Self Portrait
Strobe: SB700 at 60 digrees camera right, reflected through a diffuser at 1/32 power using CLS
Well, After Pankaj (www.flickr.com/photos/pankajanand18/) tagged me in his tagging game (www.flickr.com/photos/pankajanand18/6893424546/in/photost...) I thought of continuing the game.
Here is the general rule for tagging game ( if you already don't know about it )
1. You need to write at least 10 point about yourself which you think people don't know about you.
2. You can tag any number of people in your photograph except the person who has tagged you.
So here goes 10 things about me :
1) I come with a photography background. My father owned a studio in Bhagalpur, a small town in Bihar, India.
2) My father passed away when I was just 13. My early life would have been a lot different and much better, if he were around.
3) I got myself a black belt in Judo when I was 25 and participated in two state level championships. I am proud that my daughter Rashi got her black belt in Taekwondo last month before she completed her 10th Birthday.
4) I believe in "Health is wealth" and exersise regularly. I feel parents should cultivate this habit in their kids as habits are hard to change. This will help the kids in the long run and they will never overdo things that are not good for them, drinking and smoking for example.
5) I am also a "early to bed, early to rise" guy. I am up by 4:30AM, long before sunrise. And I don't sleep in the afternoon. If I do, I get a headache.
6) I did modelling and participated in fashion shows, when I was in college and until couple of years that I started working. It was more for fun than a profession.
7) I am a foodie and love trying different cuisines. I am a good cook too and often cook special cuisines when at home.
8) I eat chocolates every day and so do my kids. Dark chocolates are my favourites. Surprisingly, my wife doesn't like chocolates at all.
9) I only watch news and national geographic on TV. I am an "Amitabh Bachchan" and "Arnold Schwarzenegger" fan and have seen all their movies, though none of their movies come under "My best Movie" category :).
10)I have promised to give my Nikon D90 to Rashi next year, and I will upgrade myself to a full frame camera. Probably a Nikon D800. I have also decided to gift a basic P&S camera to Vrisan on his 3rd B'day (in September this year).
Finally, Flickr came a cool breeze in my life. Only after I joined flickr did I decide to invest in a DSLR. I am thankful to the friendship of all my contacts who take time to view my pictures and encourage me to do better. And I am thankful to all of them from whom I take inspiration to better my photographic skills.
Here I tag: Allan Saw, Abhijeet Verdhan, Bodulka, Paddu Rao, Santhosh Kumar, Ben Tebbens, Nemi1968, Jayesh Modha, Pratul raghav and Indira Nair in this picture. (Since there are 10 points I thought of tagging 10 people)