The former station site of Strathaird, on the Taralga branch line. Pictured is the concrete passenger platform face and precast concrete station building, shot from the former track bed. The mainline ran alongside the passenger platform, with a loop for the goods shed and loading bank. This is the only building remaining on the line, the rest were demolished when the line was lifted in the late 1950's. This shot is taken looking towards Taralga (end of the line).
Note: These photos were taken on private property with permission from the owner. The station site cannot be accessed from public land.
The contrasts in this shot are a bit flat due to a cloud being across the sun.