Central Library, Jamaica, Queens, 1935
The Central Library Building at Parsons Boulevard and 89th Avenue, Jamaica, Queens, November 14, 1935. The Queens Borough Public Library occupied this building from its opening in 1929 until the opening of the present Central Library at Merrick Boulevard and 89th Avenue in 1966. From 1971 to 2003 the building was the site of the Queens County Family Court. The building is currently undergoing demolotion. A new 12-story mixed use structure will retain the old building's facade.