Nargisi Kofta (Egg balls in spicy gravy)- North Indian Dish
Boiled Eggs - 4 nos
Chicken (minced) - 300 gms (If you are a vegetarian, you can substitute Chicken with equal amounts of boiled potato and boiled raw banana)
Gram Flour - 100 gms
Green Chilies - 6 nos
Ginger (grated) - 3 tsp
Garlic (Grated) - 4 tsp
Coriander (Chopped) - 1 tsp
Onion (chopped) - 2 nos
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Cream - 200 gms
Milk - 100 ml
Cashew - 75 gms
Tomato paste - 2 tbsp
Pepper powder - 2 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 nos
Cloves - 4 nos
Cardamoms - 4 nos
Oil For frying
Clarified Butter/Butter - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Add Minced chicken (or boiled potato and raw banana), chopped green chillies, 1 ½ tsp of grated ginger, chopped coriander, 1 finely chopped onion, cumin seeds and salt to the gram flour.
2. Mix well and make a dough by adding water
3. Make balls of this mixture. Flatten the balls and put half boiled egg inside each.
4. In a pan, heat oil and shallow fry these balls and keep them aside (This is your kofta)
5. Heat butter/oil in a pan. Add cinnamons, cardamoms, ginger garlic paste, onion paste and tomato puree. Stir it well and fry for 5 minutes.
6. Now add pepper powder and turmeric powder. Fry till oil separates.
7. Mix cream, milk and water. Heat mixture on low heat for 20 mins until gravy consistency is achieved.
8. Add Kofta in the gravy
9. Cook for 10 to 15 mins
10. Serve hot with Indian Bread/pitta Bread or Rice!
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN A COPYRIGHT ON THIS RECIPE. I DO NOT KNOW WHO DOES.
I HOWEVER OWN THE COPYRIGHT ON THE PICTURE POSTED HERE.