Folk commonly followed by recent repeat users of #dr12vitae hashtag
How it was done:
- using aPython script and twitter API, grab 1500 recent tweets that use the #dr12vitae hashtag
- identify senders of tagged tweets and generate a list of folk who use the tag at least twice.
- for folk in the list, use a tweepy based Python script and twitter api to grab their friends.
- using networkx Python library, construct a network with directed edges from repeat hashtagger to friends;
- filter the generated network so that it only includes nodes with outdegree 20 or more and/or indegree of 10 or more.
- export filtered network to a graphml file
- plot the file using Gephi; layout using a force directed layout, and size nodes/labels proportional to eigenvector centrality (as calculated using one of Gephi's statistics tools).