My dad asked me for a photo with Jerry so he could put it in a frame. Today is also "Let's get confessional" in We're Here!, so here are the 13 things about me.
1. It took me three weeks to get the spouse to be in this photo. (he hates to have his photo taken).
2. My lips are chapped in this photo (windburn from the ren faire over the weekend).
3. The man in this photo is the same guy I dated in high school. (next month is our 26th anniversary).
4. I've been married to him twice as long disabled as we were married before he was disabled.
5. One of my fears is that people don't like me. I don't mean online people, I mean people I have actually met in person.
6. I feel like people think I'm lying when I talk about having fibromyalgia. I only ever feel that way when I speak of it in person. Online, I don't have that feeling.
7. I miss my mom every single day. Even the smallest reminder of her being gone can make me get teary (its been almost ten months since she died).
8. I wish my husband could be into the ren faire the way I am so I could have someone to walk around with- I'm not lonely at the faire, I just feel out of place walking my myself. I have a friend who comes every other weekend and I wish he'd hang out with me on the days he's there for that very reason.
9. I cry during "Terminator 2". Not during the sad scene at the end. During the "hospital escape" scene when the Terminator holds out his hand to Sarah Connor and says: "Come with me if you want to live." (Do you know why? Please tell me someone knows why!)
10. I hate it when someone else takes my photo.
11. I rarely feel as strong as people tell me they think I am.
12. Till last week, I didn't have any of my own art hanging in my house (there are now three framed 8x12s and four 5x7s).
13. I had to stop typing multiple times while I was writing all this out because I'm eating dinner.