This is not the house of Little Red Riding hood it is the "Stadstimmerwerf".The history is as follows
The City Timmerwerf in Leiden at the Galgewater was built in 1612 to a design by the then city architect Ottensz January. van Seyst . in this building lived and worked for the town carpenter. The richly decorated staircase wing on the right wing was his home, while more left the shop was located.
The oldest known site of Leiden called The Ark was built in 1553 and was located at the Rapenburg (near Rapenburg 114). Along this area was a small canal, through which small vessels
with an embankment material could supply and drains.
Since the early 17th century yard was too small was in 1603 a new workshop built on a site between the Houtstraat, Pieterskerkhof and Rapenburg.
In 1650 after the City Timmerwerf begun construction of a granary designed by Arent van 's Gravesande .
Willem van der Helm was between 1662 and 1675 city architect and head of the city carpenter's yard.
After a thorough restoration late twentieth century, the building designed to house the elderly.