Margaret & Alexander WYLLIE
Beloved wife of
who died 22nd Nov 1919
B.A., B.SC., M.I.E.E*.
1st General Manager Auckland Electric Power Board
Died 6th June 1925
aged 56 years
Evening Post, Volume CIX, Issue 132, 8 June 1925, Page 6
The death occurred on Friday evening of Mr. Alexander Wyllie, general manager of the Auckland Power Board and one of the foremost authorities on electrical and scientific matters in the Dominion, aged 55 years. Mr. Wylie possessed a profound knowledge of literature and was an accomplished linguist, being the holder of the Master of Arts degree as well as a member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers.
He was appointed electrical engineer by the Auckland City Council in 1907, and under his supervision and control the present electricity business in Auckland was established and extended. The first section of the plant was opened in 1908, and since then the equipment has been augmented until the station is now the largest and most efficient steam-electric plant in New Zealand. When further additions to the plant were planned in 1920, Mr. Wyllie visited Great Britain and secured much of the machinery, which has been installed within the last few years. When the control of the city electrical equipment was rested in the newly constituted Auckland Power Board. Mr. Wyllie was appointed general manager. As a member of the Auckland Institute, Mr. Wyllie was a popular lecturer on scientific questions. He was an enthusiastic member of the Auckland .Rotary Club, and until recently was associated with the French Club. 
[8 years before his death]
Ashburton Guardian, Volume XXXVII, Issue 9044, 14 July 1917, Page 5
AUCKLAND, July 13
An accident occurred at the city power station at the King's Wharf this evening, four men, Messrs Alexander Wyllie (city engineer), W. M. Purcell (station superintendent), Henry Pearson (shift engineer) and William Albert Oram (greaser), being severely burned about the face and body. An explosion occurred in the crank chamber of the engine coupled with the generator, blowing off the lubricating cup. The oil shot out and, spreading fanwise, caught all four men. Oram and Pearson were removed to the hospital.
His probate is available:
Further interesting tidbits on the lovely Timespanners blog:
Member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers]