new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Bamberg, Blick auf das alte Rathaus und das Rottmeisterhäuschen | by Polybert49
Back to photostream

Bamberg, Blick auf das alte Rathaus und das Rottmeisterhäuschen

Die Stadt wurde 902 zum ersten Mal unter dem Namen Castrum Babenberch erwähnt. Die Gründung des Bistums erfolgte 1007 durch Kaiser Heinrich II. Seit 1993 gehört die Altstadt zum UNESCO Weltkulturerbe.

The city was mentioned for the first time 902 under the name of Castrum Babenberch. The foundation of the diocese was done in 1007 by Emperor Henry II. Since 1993 the Old Town, belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage.

2,397 views
44 faves
28 comments
Taken on October 13, 2014