Friedrichswerdersche Kirche (Schinkel Museum)
The Friedrichswerder Church (German: Friedrichswerdersche Kirche, French: Temple du Werder) was the first Neo-Gothic church built in Berlin, Germany. It was designed by an architect better known for his Neoclassical architecture, Karl Friedrich Schinkel, and was built under his direction, 1824-1831.
The building is currently part of the Berlin State Museums' ensemble, holding the Berlin National Gallery's collection of nineteenth-century German sculpture, showing works of Johann Gottfried Schadow, Karl Friedrich Schinkel and Christian Daniel Rauch among others. In the upper floor a huge exhibition of work and life of Karl Friedrich Schinkel is shown.
It is maintained by the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation.