Explored # 66 ( 19-04-10 )
The Clayton Windmills, known locally as Jack and Jill, stand on the South Downs above the village of Clayton, West Sussex, England. They comprise a post mill and a tower mill, and the roundhouse of a former post mill Some believe that Jack and Jill Windmills got their names from the nursery rhyme 'Jack & Jill went up the hill...'. Jill, the white post mill, dates from 1821 and was originally situated in Brighton. Jack, the black tower mill, built in situ in 1866, is a private home.