Email Tips: Send messages others would like to receive
1. Send email others would like to receive.
2. Instead of forwarding third-party news via email, post it on your blog or comment on a blog that addresses the issue. Remember to cite your source!
3. Do not add anyone to a mailing list without their explicit consent.
4. Do not forward chain letters or petitions. They have no effect beyond annoying the recipient.
5. The best attachment is usually no attachment. If you wish to send an attachment, ask first.
6. State it clearly in your email if you are requesting a response or a specific action.
7. Learn the difference between CC and BCC and do not CC more than a handful of colleagues who know each other. Protect the privacy of your correspondents and their email addresses.
8. Participate in public online forums that may request but do not show your email.
9. Be generous. Support the websites you would like to consult next week.
10. When possible, do not send email. Call, visit or blog.
Poster created with fd's Flickr Toys.