Chocolate Chip-Almond-Cherry Cups Recipe
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1/2 cup almond paste, crumbled
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup cherry preserves
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
4 to 5 teaspoons milk
Powdered sugar, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 48 miniature muffin cups with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. With hands, knead in almond paste and cherries.
2. Divide dough into 48 pieces. Shape each piece into ball; place in muffin cup. With thumb, make indentation in center of each.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on cooling rack 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cookie to loosen; cool 1 to 2 minutes longer. Remove from muffin cups; place on cooling rack to cool.
4. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon preserves into each cooled cup.
5. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, almond extract and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency; blend until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
**Tint the glaze with a few drops of red food color. When set, drizzle with additional white glaze.