2010 - what a year!
Inspired by Camilla's pic, I decided to do one too. 2010 was a year of huge changes and readjustments in my life, I went overseas, studied in the UK, made new friends, moved out with Malcolm, and got a few dream dolls. I feel a bit nostalgic looking at these pictures already.
1. January - I still remember the first day I arrived in London. Everyone complains about the grey English weather but I just loved it. London is a beautiful city to photograph. During my time abroad, I visited London up to 5 times. I want to live there!
2. Feburary - Settling into student life at Manchester, I see my first glimpses of snow. What a beautiful day that was.
3. March - Exploring the North District in Manchester and making new friends, it is beginning to feel like home.
4. April - Malcolm comes to visit me & we go to Paris & London together. It was just wonderful, I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate our anniversary together.
5. May - I visit London a few more times before I leave the UK. I soak up as much art as I can.
6. June - I visit a very special friend in SF, Diana. The week I spent with her & Eric remains in my mind one of the best weeks of my entire life - thanks Diana I can't wait to come back and visit again!
7. July - After arriving back in Australia after 6 months abroad, Malcolm and I move in together. I loved my new room the instant I moved in, the blue walls just POP.
8. August - I start to miss Europe and the USA, and spend many hours looking over old travel photos. *sighs*
9. September - I use my scholarship money to get Daisy Blue, my beloved blonde KB. For the first time, I have a Kenner family.
10. October - The stuff that dolly dreams are made of. Lisa/Ragazza created a true wonder for me in the form of Vincent. I tried so hard to keep her a secret but I couldn't hold back the excitement. She is so special to me.
11. November - My camera's shutter breaks while I'm on a roadtrip, seriously changing my plans. At this moment it's still away for repairs. This was also when I stopped taking creative photos, I hope to start again soon.
12. December - lovely Malcolm graduates with 1st class honours. A new life awaits both of us, how terrifying and exciting at the same time.
Looking back at all this, I am so glad for how many things happened in 2010. Next year is my thesis year so at the moment I am very nervous, but I hope it will be a good year like this one.
31 minutes to midnight. Happy New Year everyone!