new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Ely Cathedral | by Phil McIver
Back to photostream

Ely Cathedral

Bishop Alcock’s Chantry Chapel

 

The chapel is in memory of Bishop Alcock (d.1500), who was founder of Jesus College, Cambridge, and is at the eastern end of the north aisle. The Amnesty candle burns continuously on the altar. The reredos is by John Maddison and was installed in 2004.

316 views
3 faves
0 comments
Taken on June 28, 2018