Wetherby Film Theatre, Wetherby
Originally known as the Raby Picture House and accommodating 500 patrons this tiny cinema screened its first film in 1915.
In the late 1940s it was acquired by the Star Cinemas chain and renamed the Rodney Cinema with a reduced capacity of 260. In the early part of the 1960’s bingo was introduced part time but this was not enough to save the Rodney Cinema and it closed on 25th April 1964 with Frank Sinatra & Dean Martin in “4 for Texas” and Paul Maxwell in “Shadow of Fear”. Some years later bingo re-opened it and lasted until 1993 when the building was again shuttered.
The cinema reopened with 156 seats in July 1994 and has now returned to its original purpose with films screened every evening.