new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white

Cuthbert Chapel

Cuthbert Chapel

Berthierville, Qc

1786-1787

Oldest Protestant Chapel in Quebec. Built for James Cuthbert who wanted a place to bury his wife and daughter. He was a British Army Officer who became the Lord of Berthier in 1765.

This Church was Presbyterian until 1856. It is now protected by the governement and open to public in summer.

301 views
1 fave
4 comments
Taken on September 3, 2012