Buckden Towers From the Knot Garden

A former property of the bishops of Lincoln. The building of the tower was started by Bishop Rotherham during the reign of Richard III and completed by Bishop Russell in 1480.

Katherine of Aragon was banished to this place and lived here in 1533-34 after the annulment of her marriage to Henry VIII.

572 views
2 faves
3 comments
Taken on December 30, 2008