new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Saint Francis de Sales Oratory | by Phil Roussin PBR Photos
Back to group

Saint Francis de Sales Oratory

Ceiling artwork at Saint Francis de Sales Oratory by Fridolin Fuchs 1917


Although Saint Francis de Sales church was completed and dedicated on November 26, 1908, the painting of the church was postponed to the Spring of 1916, and completed in time for the Golden Jubilee in 1917. Fr. Holweck met and engaged a German artist, Mr. Fridolin Fuchs, who, on account of the war, was unable to return to his native Germany. Mr. Fuchs had painted various other churches in Texas and Arkansas in the same time period, but eventually settled in St. Louis. - from


©2012 Phil Roussin ®All Rights Reserved

Facebook / Web Site

3 faves
Taken on April 18, 2012