Blackfriars, Oxford
The Priory of the Holy Spirit is the home and studium of the Dominican friars in Oxford.

The Order of Preachers arrived in Oxford in 1221 and so, pre-dates the University's colleges. We were forcibly dissolved by Henry VIII in 1538.

In 1921, Fr Bede Jarrett, O.P. re-founded the priory in Oxford after an absence of almost 400 years.

This set has mainly photos of the liturgy in Blackfriars and assorted scenes of the priory and events, pilgrimages etc related to our Dominican life, which may take us further afield from Oxford.
317 photos · 18,500 views
1 3 4